End-User License Agreement (EULA)
This End-User License Agreement (EULA) represents the contractual conditions between you, the Licensee, and UVI, located 159 rue Amelot, 75011 Paris - France for the use of software, documentation and other materials created by UVI.
You should not register, install or use UVI Products until the following license agreement is understood and accepted.
By using UVI Products, or allowing anyone else to do so, you are accepting this agreement.
A- License Grant
1. UVI grants to you, subject to the following terms and conditions, the non-exclusive right to use each authorized copy of the Product.
2. UVI Product license are granted only to a single user. You may use this product on up to three separate computers or iLok Dongles, which shall be owned and used by you exclusively.
3. Renting or lending the licensed Software to a third party is expressly forbidden.
4. Except if otherwise stated within this EULA, Licensee may resell the software to a third party or transfer the software permanently. Request may be done using the 'Transfer License' feature in your iLok account, subject to a $25 fee per-license ($50 maximum) by Pace. The serial number of the Product will be transferred to the third party by UVI, and Licensee’s original registration will be deleted.
5. Resale or ownership transfer of individual products obtained in a bundle, or those used to upgrade or cross-grade to other products are not allowed.
6. UVI allows you to use any of the sounds and samples in the products you’ve purchased for commercial recordings without paying any additional license fees or providing source attribution to UVI.
7. This license expressly forbids resale or other distribution of the sounds and software included in the Product or their derivatives, either as they exist on disc, reformatted for use in another digital sampler, or mixed, combined, filtered, resynthesized or otherwise edited, for use as sounds, multi-sounds, samples, multi-samples, wavetables, programs or patches in a sampler, microchip or any hardware or software sample playback device. You cannot sell the Product content or give it away for use by others in their sampling or sample playback devices.
8. In the event UVI terminates this agreement due to your breach, you agree to return the original and all other copies of the software and documentation to UVI.
9. UVI reserves all rights not expressly granted to herein.
B- License Activation
1. In order to use UVI Products it is required that you authorize them by registering your Serial Number on uvi.net/register, have a free iLok account (not necessarily a dongle) and install the free iLok License Manager (done automatically by UVI Workstation and Falcon installers). It is impossible to use UVI Products if they are not registered and authorized.
2. During authorization you will need to enter your name, email address and postal address which will be stored in the UVI database. UVI uses a secure SSL connection with 128-bit-encryption that meets current security standards to transmit your data over the web. For further information about UVI’s handling of personal data please see: uvi.net/privacy-policy
3. The UVI Product license allows up to 3 simultaneous activations on any combination of iLok dongles and computers. Activations can be moved between devices at anytime through the iLok License Manager.
C- Protection of Software
You agree to take all reasonable steps to protect the Product and any accompanying documentation from unauthorized copying or use. You agree not to modify the Product to circumvent any method or means adopted or implemented by UVI to protect against or discourage the unlicensed use or copying of the Product.
Ownership of, and title to, the enclosed digitally recorded sounds (including any copies) are held by UVI.
Copies are provided to you only to enable you to exercise your rights under the license.
This agreement is effective from the date you open this package, and will remain in full force until termination. This agreement will terminate if you break any of the terms or conditions of this agreement. Upon termination you agree to return to UVI all copies of this product and accompanying documentation and destroy any other copies made.
Except as expressly authorized in this agreement, you may not rent, lease, sub-license, distribute, copy, reproduce, display, modify or timeshare the enclosed Product or documentation.
G- NFR Serials and Free Products
UVI Products serial numbers labeled as "NFR" (Not For Resale) shall only be used for demonstration, testing and evaluation purposes. NFR Products and Free Products may not be used for commercial purposes, and may not be resold or transferred.
They are not eligible for license recovery and are exempt from update, upgrade or crossgrade offers, and cannot be purchased with or exchanged for vouchers.
Furthermore, as an owner of an NFR Product, you are not entitled to promotions available for the commercial version of the Product.
H- No Support Obligation
UVI will make its best effort to support you in the event of technical difficulty with a UVI Product. However, UVI is not obligated to furnish or make available to you any additional information, software, technical information, know-how, or support.
I- Specifications and System Requirements
All technical specifications of UVI Products provided are intended to be estimates or approximations. Due to numerous variables no guarantees of compatibility or performance can be made.
End-User is solely responsible for, prior to purchase, ensuring that End-User’s devices are compatible and meet the system requirements for UVI Products, and that the applicable UVI Products meet End-User’s requirements.
This EULA is governed by the laws of France.